Top Furniture Brands for New Home Décor Shopping
We've created a list of some top decor retailers to help you design the stylish home of your dreams!
After the long wait, the time has come to move into your new home! Hooray! Even better, it's time to outfit your home with new furnishings and décor. Double hooray!
There's something very exciting about furnishing a new home. It's a chance to define your style; a chance to capitalize on the latest trends, and a chance to turn a house into a home. Today's home furniture options run the gamut from e-commerce giants like Amazon and Wayfair to nationwide staples like Target and IKEA to specialty shops such as Restoration Hardware and hidden gems that only the locals know about.
With so many options, it has never been easier to find furnishings that match your style and budget! Here's a quick look at a few of our favorite places to shop for new furniture and décor items.
Can't Miss Brick-and-Mortar Shops
Unfortunately, we can't bring you the name of every can't-afford-to-miss home furnishing shop in the nation, so we'll have to make do with a few popular brands from around the country.
- ABC Carpet & Home has been a NYC mecca of interior design since 1961 when it first opened its doors as a carpet shop. Today, shoppers can browse 3 stores within the city limits for furniture, lighting, rugs, and accessories or shop online. The brand specializes in fair-trade and sustainably sourced products.
- MoMA Design Store has two locations in NYC for art aficionados who would like to bring a little bit of the museum home with them. Shoppers will find pieces that represent items from the museum collection as well as original pieces curated by MoMA.
- Tortoise General Store in Inspired by Japanese arts and ancient techniques, tortoise General Store is a local favorite in L.A.
- Blackman Cruz is another L.A. hotspot known for its "Cosmopolitan and provocative, slightly macabre and eccentric" offerings, according to owners Adam Blackman and David Cruz. The shop is a design destination. As local real estate agent Anastasia Bowen says, "Not only does Blackman Cruz curate exceptional one-of-a-kind pieces, but they also have the Blackman Cruz workshop where they fabricate a line of furniture. The store is modern, gothic, and otherworldly. It is truly an experience."
- Jayson Home is a Chicago retailer that carries a little bit of everything. Located in trendy Lincoln Park, shoppers will find unique, vintage, and one-of-a-kind accessories, custom furniture, and luxe items for the garden and patio.
- Leontine Linens is a specialty linen shop in New Orleans. Yes, actual linens! Charmingly handcrafted, yet modern and functional, you can find sheets, quilts, table linens, bath towels and more. Monogramming is available, making this an excellent choice if you're looking for housewarming gifts with a personal touch.
Where do you even start with online furniture shopping? More importantly, can you trust it? We've found that detailed product information, high-quality images, zoom functions, and customer reviews all help to inform our buying choices. Reasonable return policies are always a plus too! So, don't feel like you have to see a product in person to make a purchase you'll be happy with. Start with some of these retailers to get started.
- Joybird is the place for mid-century modern pieces. The brand offers many custom options from designs to fabric and material quality is second to none.
- Design Within Reach is your source for authentic modern designs by the greats like Miller, Eames, Nelson, and Knoll. Shop online or visit them in person!
- Joss and Main is a great source for just about every room of the house – and they are always running sales!
- Wayfair has anything and just about everything. It's affordable, the quality is surprisingly high, the reviews are spot-on accurate, and the customer service is excellent.